Manhattan Heli Traffic aims to recreate the busy airspace around Manhattan for light aircraft and helicopters flying around/through the area, encompassing all the major airports and heliports around NYC.
- 14 commercial flights – Helicopters will be constantly shuttling between all the major area airports and heliports KEWR, KJFK, KLGA, KJRB, KJRA, KTEB and 6N5. Even the old shuttle between JFK and the Pan Am building (now the MetLife building) has been recreated.
- 8 civilian flights – News helicopters will circle low over various areas of Manhattan, traffic helicopters will travel low along major highways and tourist helicopters will be out showing off the sights and circling the Statue of Liberty
- 3 government flights – A police helicopter will land and depart from One Police Plaza and cruise over Manhattan, a customs patrol helicopter circles about the Hudson and Elizabeth harbors, and a Coast Guard helicopter patrols the beaches of Staten Island
- SFRA aircraft traffic – Airplanes will loop through the Special Flight Rules Area up and down the Hudson River from the Alpine Tower to the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge at the proper fly-through altitude of 1000 – 1299 feet
- Busy heliports – Very little of the traffic is constantly in the air looping – there will be many landings and take-offs from the 3 Manhattan heliports, so watch your approach and departures!
- Real world routing – All traffic follows real world helicopter routes when traveling around the NYC area, and all traffic is spaced vertically to prevent collisions while flying
- Google Earth route KML – See exactly where all the helicopters will be flying with a route KML that shows not only the paths of each helicopter flight but the altitudes at which certain legs of the flights are flown. Route names are included as well for each flight, in addition to stopover times at each landing pad
The following are required in order to properly use all aspects of this package:
- Heli Traffic 2009 – This payware program manages all the traffic included in this package
- Manhattan X – This payware scenery provides an extremely accurate rendition of Manhattan and all of its past and present major heliports
Additional things that would be nice to have in this package and that will be added at a later date and according to user feedback include but are not limited to:
- Additional traffic – More routes for various civilian, commercial and government purposes throughout the area
- Commercial scenery support – Additional support for commercial airport scenery for JFK and LGA
- Suggested aircraft – Freeware/payware suggestions for aircraft to assign to various flight routes
Comments and Suggestions
Please leave feedback below. Thank you!